Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 12:31:21 +0200
From:      Bernd Rosauer <br@stiller.netland.inka.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mSQL port out of date

James FritzGibbon:

> I'm not sure who originally did the mSQL port (it just says "mr"), but
> it's a bit out of date.  The port references 1.0.7, whereas the current
> version is 1.0.14.  This isn't so much a problem, except the author moves
> the old releases to the "old/" subdirectory of the tree.  Additionally,
> it's not on ftp.freebsd.org in distfiles.
>
> So, if someone would update it, it would be appreciated.  If not, perhaps
> adding a second source location, that of
>
> ftp://ftp.bond.edu.au/pub/Minerva/msql/old
>
> To the Makefile would at least let it work out of the box for v1.07.

Two weeks ago I sent Satoshi a port update (which was merely updating
./Makefile, ./files/md5, and ./pkg/* since the patches also work
for the new version).

Satoshi asked me if I could also adapt the directory layout to
FreeBSD's standards. -- The old port doesn't care about that. -- But
I haven't yet had the time to work on it.

I can look into it this weekend.  But if there is anyone else
volunteering to do it -- no problem.

-Bernd