Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 13:32:51 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: two nics, one dhcp server

dave wrote:
>     I've got a machine that i need to give two separate addresses to using
> two nics, both of which are 3c905's, working fine under 5.2.1. I've got
> lines in rc.conf set so they both get their addresses via dhcp, however this
> isn't working. Having both cards in the box neither gets an IP, singley they
> work fine. Cabling is working, and i'm out of ideas as to what to try.

The subject implies that you are connecting both NICs to the same subnet.  The
simple answer is that this won't work-- it's not useful.

A more complex answer is that you could configure the DHCP server to give a
different subnet mask to one of the interfaces using a host entry specifying
the MAC address of that interface.

What are you trying to do?

--
-Chuck