Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:02:23 -0000
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Opteron 100 Mainboard Recommendation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Gunderson" <kgunders@teamcool.net>
> Yes!! I was seeing > 60 degrees C w/in moments after startup.  And this
> was with a 165 even.  Reported to TYAN some weeks back and were
> informed their engineers were "looking at it". Never got back to me
> other than that they were "within specs".  Man-- you'd think they could
> have let the reporter know they released a BIOS update.  Thanks for the
> head's up.
>
> Now, w.r.t. that memor timing issue.  Could you elaborate on that?
> I've been seeing some glitches here and there but hadn't worked with
> these units enough to track them down.  What revision are your new
> boards??

I'll have to get back to you on the revision. We've been busting the balls
of our suppliers as we have only been able to see stable operation when
underclocking the RAM to 166. This is running with 4400+ processors
and 2Gb of RAM ( off tyan's recommended list ) using Windows XP.

The symptoms are just random reboots with crash logs indicated various
errors from memory issues to driver problems.

We also have had high amounts of total MB failures off the top of my
head about 10 and we only have 14 machines with this MB in.

The issues may be related only to the X2 CPU's Im not sure.

    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.