Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:30:50 +1100
From:      Darren Ward <darren.ward@nttaus.com.au>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem configuring ISA Ethernet Card - PCnet-ISA+

Hi All,

I'm reasonably new to the FreeBSD environment and am trying to get an old
legacy server that used to run NT4 to run FreeBSD.

Everything has gone fine except for the ethernet card which is a built in
AMD PCnet-ISA+ which using the loader and pnpscan -v I can see is detected
but I can't get to actually operate.

pnpscan -v shows:

ADV55aa: AMD PCnet-ISA+

I've had a bit of a search online and the only references I can find is to
either attempt to detect it using pci emulation vie the pcn device or by
configuring lance ethernet options in the kenrnel config and to recompile
which I have attempted using the lnc devices with manual irq, io and drq.

Either I can't get the correct options or I'm on the wrong track.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions as to how I can probe for the card for
the correct setting or as to how I might be able to get this beast to work?

TIA
Darren