Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:50:20 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CLANG 3.3/LLVM 3.3 question regarding devel/llvm vs. devel/llvm33

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 09:32:36AM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
>=20
> No is 9.1-STABLE en route also equipted with CLANG 3.3, as it is with
> CURRENT. The ports system still differs between the "standard"
> devel/llvm, which is in fact LLVM 3.2 and devel/llvm33, which is then
> LLVM 3.3.
>=20
> devel/llvm installs some tools not in the standard manner, like
> llvm-config, which is then llvm-config33. This introduces some trouble
> and it seems a bit "out of sync".
>=20
> Is there a chance that devel/llvm becomes llvm 3.3 in a short time?=20

I'm in the process of moving to devel/llvm## + devel/llvm-devel and
removing devel/llvm.  As with the lang/gcc* ports all llvm and clang
programs will be installed with a ## suffix.  This rearrangement is a
low priority at work and I needed to set up some internal infrastructure
to make testing practical so I've not finished it up yet.

-- Brooks

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M--