Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:26:11 +0000
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Help: Kernel Build Problem - Kernel Builds at 7Mbytes!

Hi,

I've generated a config file for the kernel from GENERIC by removing the
SCSI host adaptors, turned off debugging and built the kernel.  The problem
is that the kernel image comes out of gcc @ 7Mbytes.  This is huge compared
to the standard kernel.GENERIC.  All I have done is # out the aha entries
and any other un-necessary bits.

Is there anything silly I'm doing, because kernels really shouldn't be that
large!

System:  FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE, Genuine Intel i686 processor, Genuine Intel
SE440BX board.

thanks,

Chris Smith
Raytheon Systems Limited UK