Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speeding up /etc/security

That's an interesting question.

A couple of ideas:

a) I wonder of RWatson's ACL stuff could help here?

b) This problem cries for a DMAPI type solution- you could have a daemon that
monitors all creats/chmods and retains knowledge of the filenames for all
SUID/SGID creats/chmods- this way /etc/security would simply summarize the
current list and could be run any time.