Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 00:14:13 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>
Subject:   Re: Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

Brett Glass wrote:
> At 07:42 AM 12/9/2012, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>
> >It has nothing to do with clang; it is not the default compiler for 9.1,
> >and will never be for the 9.x series.  Using it to compile your system
> >(or ports) is entirely optional.
>
> I am actually eagerly awaiting a completely "un-GNUed" toolchain. But I am
> glad that this is not the holdup. I just need to plan my time so that I get
> a vacation SOMETIME this season and also keep my commitments. Alas, there
> have been no updates to the projected schedule or to the "To Do" list to
> help me out.
>
> --Brett Glass

Hi those eagerly awaiting,
Re-read Eitan's post of Sun, 9 Dec 2012 09:04:25 -0500 (15:04 CET)

Those with knowledge, time & enthusiasm can already build
their own 9.1-RELEASE from released public sources.  No longer need to wait.

As I wrote 3 local friends Fri, 07 Dec 2012 08:37:20 +0100
] In case you'r waiting to upgrade any production servers to latest release:
]  {
]  Although FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE has not been announced yet, it's available:
]  in (ctm distributed) CVS tree (I admit I havent converted to use svn yet)
]   grep RELENG_9_1_0_RELEASE /pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/src/Makefile,v
]  I am exporting with
]   cvs -R export -r RELENG_9_1_0_RELEASE  src     # du=867 M tgz=149 M
]  ports & doc have not been tagged yet, they will later be:
]   cvs -R export -r RELEASE_9_1_0         ports   # du=... M tgz=... M
]   cvs -R export -r RELEASE_9_1_0         doc
]
]  The .iso images are not in ftp.freebsd.org or eg ftp2.de.freebsd.org yet,
]    (& I havent bothered to look for packages as I dont use them, I always
]    compile my own ports)
]  I assume the delay to announce release is 'cos they're still recovering
]  from their security intrusion & still rebuilding packages after
]    http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html
]
]  freebsd.org also have sigbus issues with cvsup (affecting send-pr),
]  may also be slowing build cluster
]    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2012-December/041352.html

Clue to a quick check with CVS is/was
	grep RELENG_9_1_0_RELEASE /usr/cvs/src/Makefile,v
	grep RELEASE_9_1_0 /usr/cvs/ports/Makefile,v
but as CVS is about to disappear, what's a quick check for svn ?

Compliments to re@ team who have doubtless been working very hard,
probably on a problematic cluster base.  Hopefully there'll be less
"When ?" questions that might distract re@, now people realise it's
tagged & you can build yourself if you're in a rush.

ports/ is also tagged & available: