Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 13:04:55 +0300
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   running programs on shutdown

Is there any way to run certain scripts on system shutdown? I'm using
FreeBSD 3.1R.

I'm asking because I need some programs on my machine to be terminated in a
specific order. What exactly does FreeBSD do at shutdown? does it first
send a TERM signal to all processes, followed by a KILL signal, like linux?

Is syslog the last to die? This is also important, otherwise programs that
exit after syslog may not be able to record last minute activity before
shutting down.

Any ideas/help will be appreciated.

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers