Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 2020 15:30:29 -0500
From:      J David <j.david.lists@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kib@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Major issues with nfsv4

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 1:20 PM Konstantin Belousov <kib@freebsd.org> wrote:
> E means exiting process.  Is it multithreaded ?
> Show procstat -kk -p <pid> output for it.

To answer this separately, procstat -kk of an exiting process
generating huge volumes of getattr requests produces nothing but the
headers:

# ps Haxlww | fgrep DNE
     0 21281 18549  1  20  0  11196  2560 piperd   S+     1
0:00.00 fgrep DNE
125428  9661     1  0  36 15      0    16 nfsreq   DNE+J   3-
3:22.54 job_exec
# proctstat -kk 9661
  PID    TID COMM                TDNAME              KSTACK

This happened while retesting on NFSv4.1.  Although I don't know if
the process was originally multithreaded, it appears it wasn't even
single-threaded by the time it got into this state.

Thanks!