Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:43:44 -0400
From:      "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
To:        Nick Mazza <merkury55@hotmail.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Login

This is indeed not the place to ask. the questions mailing list is the
place for general questions.

But even then, you should have checked the existing documentation.

A 30 seconds search on FreeBSD main website
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=dual+boot&max=50&source=www)
lead me to http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/boot.html at first, and more
importantly: http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multi-os/ch5.html, at
last.

I recommend you the OS-BS boot manager.

A.

Nick Mazza wrote:

> This doesn't pertain to security so I will probably be flamed for this
> email, but I am in urgvent need of an answer to a simple FreeBSD boot
> Question.  I am duel booting a Windows 2000 machine and FreeBSD 4.3RC2 and
> using the Fbsd boot loader.  The Boot Loader appears like this:
>
> F1: ??
> F3: FreeBSD
> F5: Drive 1
>
> Default : F3 /* Or the OS that I booted last */
>
> I want to be able the change the ?? to say Windows 2000 and have the Defualt
> OS boot windows 2000 even iuf my last boot was FBSD (Personally I dont mind
> things but guests who use this computer always get confused and press F5 or
> something).  If anyone can help or point me in the direction of a HOW-TO I
> would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Nick MAzza

La sémantique est la gravité de l'abstraction.