Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:16:50 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PIII SMP

Jens Rehsack wrote:
> On 29.07.2003 10:05, freebsd_deamon@gmx.net wrote:
> > buying two PIII for a dual system ... what do i have to pay attention to
> > (besides the requirements of the M/B)?
> > aka ... are all PIII SMP capable?
> >
> > thanks
>
> Maybe you want to take a look into
> <http://www.bnv-bamberg.de/home/ba3294/smp/index.htm>; first, too?

Excellent resource!  Thanks for posting this!

BTW: Since the PIII's run in slightly older motherboards, it's
probably worth pointing out that a number of the Intel chipsets
are known to have problems with PCI bus master arbitration when
you have more than 2 PCI bus master devices in the box; the one
I definitely recognized as being a problem was the NX, but I had
also heard there were issues with the FX and the ServerWorks III,
as well.  Checking "Tom's Hardware" is probably a good idea.  I
didn't see this mentioned in any of the "Notes"/"Comment" sections.

-- Terry