Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:22:08 +0100
From:      Sam Eaton <sam@fqdn.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there anyone successfully running freebsd on a dell poweredge 1950?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:10:42PM +0200, Olivier Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The network card issue has been solved (but the patch doesn't seem to
> be in the official source tree yet), but the shutdown -r problem not
> yet:

The patch didn't fix our network card issues - they fixed *some* of
them, but we still get watchdog timeouts with NFS mounts.

I've not had the shutdown problem myself though.

> What should I do to get that issue solved?  The server is now a few
> months "old".  Is there a way to get the "core team" have a look on
> it, against money or swiss chocolate for example? :)
>
> I can't wait until the end of the year to find a solution :(

Neither could we, we gave up and bought something else.

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".