Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:23:01 -0500
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        "'Dan Nelson'" <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: [OT] file synchronization between two machines

> The only drawback is rsync will never delete files; you have to
> manually remove them from both machines manually.

It wouldn't be near as neat a utility if that were true (unless I
misunderstood your statement).

From the man page for rsync:

		--delete                delete files that don't exist on
the sending side
            --delete-excluded       also delete excluded files on the
receiving side
            --delete-after          delete after transferring, not
before
		--ignore-errors         delete even if there are IO
errors

John Straiton
jks@clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc