Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 11:40:30 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "eric k. wolven" <wyrdwulf@catskill.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: digital camera

[Moved to -questions; this has nothing to do with -stable]

On Thursday, 17 May 2001 at 21:50:52 +0106, eric k. wolven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of finally getting a digital camera.
>
> Is there one that seems to do "better" with freebsd?

That depends on what you want to do, I suppose.

> What about the software to move the pic(s) to the pc?

There are various things in the Ports Collection.  I personally use a
camera with Compact Flash memory (a Nikon CoolPix 880, which I quite
like).  I insert the CF card into a PCMCIA adaptor and mount it on my
laptop as an MS-DOS file system.  See
http://echunga.lemis.com/~grog/diary-nov2000.html, 10 November 2000,
for more details.

Greg