Date:      26 Oct 2000 02:43:21 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>
Cc:        kris@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: Making XFree86-4 the default

 * From: Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>

 * Try this:

Thanks, committed.

Are there any other outstanding issues re throwing the big switch and
making XFree86-4 the default now?  (As it says in the subject
line...you guys thought I replied to an old mail by mistake? :)

In case someone missed the previous discussion, "the XFree86-4 server
doesn't support my card" is not a valid reason.  We already have a
whole bunch of xtt-* servers, which are based on 3.3.6 and should work
just fine on such machines.

The question is whether we want to have people who have cards that are
supported by both 3.3.6 and 4.0 use the new server, and also have
people use the 4.0 libraries etc. instead of 3.3.6 counterparts.

I've been compiling the mid-week (non-ftp) packages with 4.0 for a
while, and other than the HTML manpage stuff (which should not be hard
to fix), most ports seem to compile just fine.

Satoshi