Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:57:50 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3.2-Stable vs. Gateway Solo 5100

Hi All-

I am updating FreeBSD on a Gateway Solo 5100 from 2.2.6-RELEASE to
3.2-STABLE.  This a Pentium II 233 machine with a CT 65555 Vid and
a TI PCI-1250 Cardbus Contoller.  The machine worked pretty well
under 2.2.6 with the following caveats:  no audio and no cdrom;
however, apm and pccard controller worked.

I can now get the cdrom, audio, and power management to work, but
the machine freezes up when I try to probe the pccard controller.

Upon booting verbose, I see the following and then it just
locks up:

imasks: bio c008c040, tty c00310a2, net c0060000
        device combination doesn't support shared irq5
        intr_connect (irq5) failed, result = -1
        device combination doesn't support shared irq7
        intr_connect (irq7) failed, result = -1

... then nothing ...

More detail:

Windoze98 lists the pccard controller as living on IRQ 9.

irq5 has the ESS1879 controller on it ... dma0 1 and dma1 3

irq7 is for the parallel port

I have the onboard serial controller and ir controller disabled
in the bios.

3Com 3c589D will work as zp0 but that is not a long term option,
user needs modem and Linksys EC2T card to work.

Any clues?  I suppose that I can install PAO3 (I had to do that
with a TI PCI-1130 machine, so no biggie).

Thanks,

PS. Anyone put FreeBSD on Thinkpad 570?
    o looks like the modem and sound card are both PCI  :(