Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2024 00:30:41 -0700
From:      Chris <portmaster@bsdforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   poudriere(8) short circuits my ability to build packages

I do all of my development in jails. As such I have no use for poudriere(8).
But an attempt to build editors/vscode threw the following:

The limit imposed by poudriere(8) for the maximum number of files allowed to
be
opened by a jail (default 1024) is exceeded during the build of vscode.
To successfully build vscode with poudriere(8), you must add the following
line to poudriere.conf:
MAX_FILES_vscode=8192

What the... I just want to build a package. Why do I care about poudriere
limitations, or poudriere at all? How can I just build a package. Users
(or Maintainers) aren't forced to use poudriere, are they?

Thanks.

--
--Chris Hutchinson