Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:29:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr (Michel TALON)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crash mounting a msdos floppy write-protected.

Hello,

this is to report that FreeBSD-3.1-Stable still crashes
when trying to write to a write-protected msdos floppy.
I have cvsupped all sources yesterday 6 April 99, made
world and rebuildt kernel.

At the same time i discovered that i could no longer
mount my atapi cdrom at /dev/wcd0c (this worked previously).
I had to do a MAKEDEV acd0 and mount at /dev/acd0a
(both /dev/wdc0c and /dev/acd0c reply with device busy)
Similarly i have to use xcdplayer as
xcdplayer -device /dev/acd0a &
otherwise a lot of acd0: read_toc failed
are generated.

--

Michel TALON