Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:51:32 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@sinbad.net>
To:        Linux Pquter <linuxpquter@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bootloader at install time

On Monday 19 August 2002 01:45 pm, Linux Pquter wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I installed version 4.6 about three times in a row,
> missing how to get the bootloader to work. When I
> reboot after install, I get a F1 and F5 prompt, with
> nothing happening.
>
> I chose the first option, to install the bsd boot
> loader, and I allocated the entire drive to bsd, with
> automation partitioning. I haven't a clue what I keep
> doing wrong.
>
> Help please,
> -wet behind my BSD ears.

Choose the standard (no boot loader) option if your whole disc is partitioned
for FreeBSD. Also you might want to increase the size of / and /var, I found
the auto setting partitioned these too small to be practical. The handbook is
your friend on a first time install.

Beech

      Beech Rintoul - SysAdmin - akbeech@sinbad.net
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Sinbad Network Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 3101 Penland Parkway #K-38
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99508-1957