Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:39:55 +0200
From:      "Felix 'buebo' Kakrow" <biernot@buebo.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla Firebird and Java, Flash, etc.

Hi,
I just installed the Mozilla Firebird Port and I'm a little confused
wich Ports are the way to go to get the 'fancy multimedia-stuff', like
Java and Flash working.
I've seen the announcment about the native JRE for FreeBSD, so can I
just fetch the Diablo-JRE from the Foundation Webpage and expect it to
run with Firebird or do I have to get a special Port.
The same with Flash, wich Port is the one that will give my Firebird
Flash-Support? I thought I have to get the Java-Mozilla but it has
Mozilla as a dependency and I really don't want to go through that on my
1.3 Ghz Duron.
My last question is about the 'plugger'. It seems this port gives
support for everything that can be embedded in a webpage known to
mankind (maybe some others too), what do I have to do to get this to
work with Firebird?
I did some allthewebing (I don't like google ;-)) but did not find
anything usefull, but I'm happy if someone could provide me with some
links about this.

Cheers
Felix