Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2018 01:35:12 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>, Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridging a vlan trunk with a gif tunnel?

On 1/4/18 11:58 pm, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> 01.04.2018 21:42, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
>> I am trying to network a remote site with a main site through a bridged
>> gif tunnel, and it doesn't work for me.
> gif(4) supports only untagged frames when added to a bridge.
> You need to create gif-per-vlan or switch to newer vxlan(4).

I have in the past implemented this using netgraph and vnet
but it was quite a log time ago and I forget many of the details
The vnet jail was so that the gif tunnel effectively left from
"another machine" (it was the same machine with a vnet jail)
The reason was so that net failures were "one hop away" and
therefore not so hard to work around.