Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:03:23 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@mkbuelow.net>
To:        des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bdes (and other) problems on 5.3 fixit cd

des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=) writes:

>That's bad.  Short writes are perfectly valid, bdes should learn to
>handle them properly.

Shouldn't write/fwrite block until all has been written?
Especially since fwrite(3) says:

  The function fwrite() returns a value less than nmemb only if a write
  error has occurred.

Plus, the error only appears on the fixit boot... Ok, the other
machine I've tried it on is over 3x as fast but I doubt that really
makes a difference.

I think I'm going to build a bdes with some debugging code sprinkled
in to see what's going on.

mkb.