Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:12:44 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        (Dan Strick) <dan@math.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: time for some new man pages

On 30-Sep-98 Dan Strick wrote:
>  Over the last 10 years my brain has developed some fixed
>  neural pathways that say "sd" and "st" and it is hard to
>  change.  Also, I dread having to explain the meaning of
>  "da" and "sa" to people who do not live and breathe the
>  SCSI standards.
Well.. Sequential Access and Direct Access are fairly obvious IMHO..

Also, when (haha) CAM supports other things besides SCSI it will be more
logical.. (ie IDE if that ever happens)

Of course I haven't used SCSI devices much so it doesn't bother me :)

Perhaps if MAKEDEV is fixed to create the old names as well as the new
(since its apparently broken) then it will keep people happy.