Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 20:51:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        dhamblet@acs2.byu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4 nics in a freebsd machine

Dan Hambleton wrote:
> i am running netware 3.12 with 4 snappable hubs. our internet provider
> told us that the unix kernel of the freebsd machine would not support 4
> nics in one machine. this would enable us to have internet access at all
> of our network workstations by transmitting the signal through all 4 ipx
> hubs. any ideas???

Who is your ISP???  I've had 8 ports on a FreeBSD machine before with
no problems (I would not want to try video routing or something of that
nature though.).  Pick up a zynx 314 or 2 SMC dual ports and your in
business.  OR, pick up 4 regular nics and max out your pci bus...:)

> Dan Hambleton

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team