Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 05:40:25 -0600
From:      Mike Fish <mike@veruca-salt.gw.umn.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KERNEL SOURCE

Hi,

I recently installed FreeBSD-2.1.0-RELEASE and am now interested in
compiling a new kernel.  Well, I read the handbook and FAQs on this subject
and they say that I need the ``kerndist'' loaded onto my system.

I have looked all over ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/ in all of the
directories and have NOT been able to find any ``kern'' anything.  So,
if someone could please direct my to the ``kerndist'' sources that would
be great.

Thanks,

Mike		[fish0149@fish0149.email.umn.edu]