Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:44:22 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/devel/ilu Makefile

On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 11:08:17AM +0200, Martin Cracauer wrote:

> I decided not to depend on the whole xfree port to not force people to
> install a complete X11 and intended to create a seperate imake

Well, if you add a dependenc on X, users will have the option of
over-riding it.  As it stands right now users are forced to install X,
anyways.

> port. But as I think of it, the mechanism to depend on the executable
> and if that doesn't exist install xfree is just right. If someone

Yup.  And you can always change it when someone submits the mythical
imake port.  :-)

I would write the dependency manually, not with the USE_XLIB variable.

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.