Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:25:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T1/DS1

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Jan Knepper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ordered a T1 quite a while ago and now Verizon seems to come around
> the corner and finally install the connection, however...
>
> I need a 4 ft square panel on the wall so they can mount a couple of things:
> Also their instruction paper says: "Requirements for DS-1 Service via Fiber"
>
> Since I don't have that much experience I am beginning to wonder what is
> going on.
>
> Can any of you shed any light?
>
> Thanks!
> Jan

  Well, you ordered a T1 and now they are installing it.  Strange I know.

  Make sure you put up the good plywood (3/4 inch, smooth on one side).
Just go to your hardware store and pick up a half-sheet.  If you are
concerned about asthetics, buy some white primer and paint it first.  Make
sure you mount it to the wall studs too, and not just to the drywall.

Tom