Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 1995 19:27:50 -0600
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More nits

In article <1239.815258519@time.cdrom.com>,
Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:
>What I would be willing to do is add the concept of "bonus packs" or
>something where there are multiple, aggregated sets of packages loaded
>as a group.  Anything less than this and there's no reason not to
>simply use the package loading menu.  Anyone care to suggest some
>standard sets?

a "gnu bonus pack" with all the "standard" gnu tools would be good.

a "tcl/tk bonus pack" is of course required, tcl, tk, tcldp, expect, ...

a "gnu developer" pack, with gmake and so on...

a "gnu X" pack, ghostview, ghostscript, ...

an "X desktop" pack, xfm, xv (if allowed), xpaint, etc...

a "mh" pack, with mh, vmail, xmh, ...

a "news" pack, with trn, inn, ...

an "ISP" pack: mh pack, gnu pack, news pack, webserver, lynx, wuftpd,
	pine, elm, ...