Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:33:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't Build Doc Stuff

I used the most recent jade and dssl-docbook-modular but didn't
realize for a while I needed the docproj port.  Once installed,
this worked except for the handbook, which didn't install until
I removed the existing /usr/share/doc/handbook directory, whereupon
it worked fine for both 3.3-STABLE and -current.  This problem
may not have occurred had I build all languages, but I commented
everything but en* out of the Makefile.

I notice, however, that there's now no faq.ascii or handbook.ascii,
although it seems they are now called faq.txt and handbook.txt (I
know they can be downloaded from ftp.FreeBSD.org, but are usually
not quite up to date).

How do I build a single-document text version (non-HTML) of the
faq and the handbook?

	Thanks,

		Annelise