Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 09:18:21 -0500
From:      "Henry F. Marquardt" <hmarq@interaccess.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hang on pcmcia init ...

Dell Inspiron 3200
FBSD 4.0 Release (3/2000 CD)
Linksys EC2T Ethernet card

Machine boots with no card.

pccard.conf stripped to just pool definitions and 'standard' EC2T def from
pccard.conf.sample

At somepoint during boot or just after receiving login prompt, I get this
message

'ed1 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 10 slot 1 on pccard1' and the machine just
hangs ... the dell has an LCD window for status and the pcmcia indicator
goes into fast flicker mode and it never resolves.

I tried on slot 0 as well same thing.

If I let the machine boot with no card and then insert it, it isn't
recognized.

Where to start? All help appreciated.

Hank