Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 09:57:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
To:        Forrest <praxis@techpraxis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re:Why during boot does sendmail take so long?

    This is a DNS issue.  Either your DNS server is down, your DNS info
is incorrectly set, or it can't get your hostname from your IP address.

    This is stuff that really *should* be fixed if you really are
running sendmail, or you should just turn off sendmail (add
"sendmail_enable="NO" to /etc/rc.conf)

    marc.

Marc W, San Francisco, CA
Kiltdown -- a free email client for X