Date:      Wed, 09 May 2007 01:54:15 +0200
From:      Bruce Holmes <r4nj1t@xs4all.nl>
To:        Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual monitors?

--=-pk7ogxg43kHQ+N3Gx5jP

I'm running 2 monitors with the 7600GS. Configuration is easy, you can
email me privately if you have problems getting things set up.

This URL should answer a lot of config questions for you.=20

http://http.download.nvidia.com/freebsd/1.0-9625/README/index.html

I've only got a couple of 'problems' that I haven't been able to fix so
far.=20

1. Mplayer in full screen displays everything to the left and in
letterbox format. Totem doesn't have this problem.

2. Overclocking using the nvidia config utility doesn't work so well,
but for Google earth and fgfs the 7600 is plenty fast anyway.=20

Regards,

Bruce

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:15 -0500, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> anyone out there running dual monitors in FreeBSD?  if so, what is your s=
etup? =20
> single display adapter/2 heads, or 2 seperate adapters?
>=20
> i have a nvidia 7300 GS with 2 heads, and im thinking about picking up an=
other=20
> monitor like im currently runing, before the *blip* off the market, but i=
m=20
> hoping that it wont be a problem to set up xorg for 2 monitors, with just=
 a=20
> single adapter.
>=20
> any success stories out there?