Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:44:26 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
Subject:   ctm cvs-cur going to hit 10000 very soon

(I tried to send this to ctm-announce, but the new policies mean I can't.
It's quite off-putting you know, since ctm-announce is the only ctm list.)

Hi guys!

cvs-cur 9998 just arrived.  That means it can't be more than a few hours
until 9999 and then 10000 drop into my mailbox.  I'm crossing my fingers
even though I'm one of the people who has actually done a rollover test. :-)

There should be some sort of recognition of this milestone.  Maybe a note
on the web page: "10000 updates served".  I'll at least wave my arms and
shout "Yay!"  I haven't the skills to bake a cake, but I have one handy
and I'll nibble a celebratory slice.

The ctm system is now 9 years old and I'm happy that the part of it that
I wrote is still serving a useful purpose long after the obsolescence
of the software I wrote in my day job.

Stephen.