Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:01:55 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        wonko@entropy.tmok.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: let's get something straight.

On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:08:26 EST, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> i'm not some unix newbie.  i've been doing sysadmin work for 10 years.
> i asked a legitimate question and i don't think that being told to go look
> it up was an appropriate response.  i asked here for a reason.

You must be joking.  With all that UNIX experience, you honestly expect
a personalized answer on a topic that's been discussed to death on just
about every FreeBSD-related mailing list too many times already? Come
on, is it that hard to imagine that people are just sick to death of
discussing it and would prefer you to read up on what's been said
already? :-)

> maybe i should have prefaced it with something to that effect, but i
> didn't and i apologize for that. however, i don't feel that getting
> jumped on was an apropriate resonse.

Who jumped on you?  I don't see any aggression in the messages that were
copied back to the list.  Perhaps you're just unhappy that you weren't
spoonfed the answer?

Ciao,
Sheldon.