Date:      Tue, 24 May 2022 20:52:58 -0400
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpn@neutralgood.org>
To:        Erich Dollansky <freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Single User

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 03:25:47PM +0200, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 01:44:57 +1000
> Andy Farkas <andyf@andyit.com.au> wrote:
>
> > "Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh: "
> >
> > I haven't seen a RETURN key on a keyboard for many many decades..
> >
> > -andyf
> >

> ENTER and RETURN are two different keys.
>
> Are no mainframe guys here who still know this?

Yes. Sorry, I'm behind on my email.

I think I remember them being different keys on my Commodore 128. It
mattered I think to CP/M. Dim memory since it's been so long.

Oh, and the "daskeyboard" I have connected to my current Mac has both
"return" and "enter" keys, with "enter" on the numeric keypad.

                    "A pig's gotta fly." - Crimson Pig