Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:36:25 +0200
From:      Fred Morcos <fred.morcos@gmail.com>
To:        Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown@ru.ac.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown@ru.ac.za> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2012 12:59:51 Stephen Cook wrote:
>> On 6/19/2012 4:06 PM, Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:
>
> [snip childish invective]
>
>> I'm a relative newcomer. Are the FreeBSD mailing lists always this
>> flame-y? I realize that this particular post might be trolling / satire
>
> No, they aren't. And I notice that whoever is primarily responsible for it
> isn't even prepared to sign his own name to his tirades - he (or she) is
> using anonymous remailers. (Irritatingly this makes him difficult to
> killfile - it turns out there's at least one recent legitimate post that's
> been sent through a similar remailer so I can't just toss them all away).
>
> Jonathan

The anonymous remailer's administrator can be contacted and made aware
of the "abusive" email sent through it.

To quote an automated message from the remailer:

<quote>
This message is being sent to you automatically in response to an email
that you sent to <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at>.
If you did not send such an email, please ignore this message.

This remailer is a free service that allows individuals including crime
victims, domestic violence victims, persons in recovery, and others,
such as those living under oppressive regimes, to communicate
confidentially in a manner that ensures their privacy under even the
most adverse conditions.

To obtain information on how you can use this service, please send an
email with subject "remailer-help" to <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at>.

Should you have received an unwelcome message through this service or to
report problems with this service, please contact the Administrator at
<abuse@remailer.privacy.at>.

Thank you for your interest in secure and private communications,

-- The "Austria Remailer" Administrator
</quote>