Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:30:44 -0400
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   evdev / uhid confusion

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

Hi, all. My latest attempt to embrace FreeBSD met with failure, and I'd love
to solicit ideas to try again, as I've got some vacation time coming up I c=
an
spend on it.

In short, I've got a Logitech illuminated keyboard, and it presents
multimedia keys via a UHID. At one point I hacked up usbhidaction, as I
remember, to interpret events - it presented as a ranged device, even though
it was all fixed values - but that's the wrong way to do it.

I asked for help on EFnet #freebsd-xorg and got some, but no luck, so I want
to ask again here: What do I do to get working multimedia-key UHID support
under FreeBSD 11.1? I've installed xf86-input-evdev and loaded the evdev
driver, and built webcamd from ports to have the right stuff, but I didn't
see /dev/input show up, and it's unclear to me how I'd hook it into X either
way. An added wrinkle is that I use nVidia and use nvidia-xconfig, but I
can't see that presenting any insuperable problems.

Thanks in advance. If I can get this working fully I'll use FreeBSD more and
will naturally participate/contribute more, but I'm hitting a number of roa=
d-
blocks and would be grateful for assistance.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss          mason@blisses.org          Ewige Blumenkraft!
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep; -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg--