Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:54:42 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hsu@clinet.fi
Subject:   de patches to -stable

We have had lots of problems with de driver after it was upgraded to new
version (this one included the now-fixed BNC-port bug, for example).  These
problems include

- port gets confused when cable unplugging the cable for a moment (no
buffer space available).  ifconfig down and up fixes this, but it is
annoying.

- autodetect seems to easily drop to bnc, but will never come back to TP,
until manually fixed or forced in configuration.

- 100 Mbps no-name MM-fiber cards which worked before stopped working.

- 100 Mbps seems to produce various reliability problems, causing instant
panic on boot until the host is switched to 10 Mbps port.  I cannot figure
out when this happens.  This is strange as it may happen to a host which
has been fine for months, and then it just refuses to work with 100 Mbps
port any more.

As -current seems to have a ton of fixes and many of them seem to be
potentially related to our problems, is there by any change of -current
fixes finding their way back to -stable soon ?  If not, has anyone tested
the -current driver with -stable lately ?

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-9-43542270 fax -4555276