Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:35:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        jfreeze@qx.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MySQL Package Install on 3.4 Fails

Your answer is right there, why are you retrieving 'FreeBSD-current'
packages, when you should be getting 3.x packages?

Another method of installation, in case you didnt know, is to do:

pkg_add -r mysql-server

(This should also install the client as a dependency, but dont quote me
on that - once you've install the server, check pkg_info and see.)

'pkg_add -r' will do the same as downloading the package manually and
pkg_add'ing it, except that it will get the file for you.

Cliff Rowley

| dozprompt@onsea.com | cliff@olive.co.uk   |
| cr@4site-media.com  | cr@soccergen.com    |
| cr@easyphp.net      | cr@beatreatreat.com |