Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:44:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aha fails on Tekram DC300B

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980929183040.820A-100000@acp.qiv.com> Jay Nelson writes:
: aha0: Invalid Command 0x8d

This is expected, when booting -v.  If you are getting this w/o
booting -v, then there is a problem.

: aha0: ahareset - Diagnostic Active failed to assert. status = 0x30

This is a problem.  ahareset shouldn't fail.  The card never comes
ready (or at least is hung for a long time).

: aha0: aha_fetch_adapter_info - Failed Get Board Info

Once the card is in this state, all bets are off.

: This board supposedly emulates a 1542B. If this is of any interest,
: let me know what information I can provide. I don't have sources
: loaded because of space, but could mount from another machine if it
: helps.

No.  We're trying to disambiguate between the bt cards (which emulate
the aha-1542 command set, but have a better, native command set) and
the real 1542 cards.  The problem with your card is that we're
tripping it up pretty badly.  Peter Wemm also has a 1542CF that is
being tripped up by this also.  You might want to re-sup with a change
I made earlier tonight.  It will do a hard reset rather than a soft
reset when the command fails.  Or you can change tha second arg to
ahareset in aha_cmd from FALSE to TRUE, rebuild and try again.  The
other option is to #if 0 out the code that issues the esetup querry
near the end of aha_probe.  Peter reports both of these working.

I don't have a DC300B to test against, but do have the 1542B (and
jumper settings thanks to many kind people) and will be testing
against it later.

Warner