Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 13:33:48 -0600
From:      Victor Carranza <victorc@BitSmart.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tripp-Lite Power Alert Plus...

Hi!

I have been trying (with no success) to run Tripp-Lite's Power Alert
Plus software on one of my 3.1-RELEASE boxes. I have tried both SCO and
Linux versions, but each one complains about not finding some shared
libraries... right now, I'm trying the linux version and it says:

	/usr/local/libm.so.2: undefined symbol: __infinity

Before that, it also complained about not finding some libraries, but I
solved that making soft links to files that seemed as logical
equivalents. I think there should be another way to solve those
problems, but I'm not sure...

Where is the best place to search for missing libraries when emulating
linux or SCO?

By the way, ever since 3.0-RELEASE, it has been a real pain to run other
OS's binaries under FreeBSD, even the ones that used to run flawlessly
under 3.0 pre-releases :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Victor Carranza