Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 09:38:30 GMT
From:      Aled Morris <aledm@routers.co.uk>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any good reason to run portmap on a non NFS'd/RPC'd machine?

At 14:55 02/01/97 -0800, Jaye Mathisen wrote:
>I'm not using YP or any of that stuff.  If not, then it seems like
>something that would be good to turn into a sysconfig variable.

Nor do I - I usually rename "portmap" so it doesn't get found by RC.

I would support the proposal for a sysconfig variable (although to avoid
beginner's problems, there should probably be some logic in RC to
override "portmap=NO" if YP, NFS or any other good stuff is enabled.)

Aled
--
telephone +44 973 207987                        O-