Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:27:34 -0500
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
To:        jahanur <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd NIC

Since the 3Com NIC is an ISA device, you need to configure ep1 into
the kernel and rebuild it.  For example, assuming that your current
3Com NIC is at I/O address 0x300 and uses IRQ 10, then your kernel
configuration will have a line like:

device ep0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10

Assuming that your second 3Com NIC is at I/O address 0x320 and uses IRQ
11, then you will need to add the following line:

device ep1 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 11

You should adjust the address and IRQ for your particular hardware.  After
you rebuild your kernel, you should edit rc.conf to say:

network_interfaces="lo0 ep0 ep1"

And, you will need to add a line like:

ifconfig_ep1="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  netmask yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy"

with your IP address at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and your mask, (probably
255.255.255.0), at yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

Kim Shrier

--
 Kim Shrier - principal, Shrier and Deihl - mailto:kim@tinker.com
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development