Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:59:17 +1100 (EST)
From:      Phillip Musumeci <phillip@pm.cse.rmit.edu.au>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@mathtools.com
Subject:   [support@mathtools.com: Re: Port of tools to FreeBSD]

Hi FreeBSD.org,

>From http://www.freebsd.org/commercial.html

>   For your convenience, we have divided our growing commercial listing
>   into several sections. If you know of other companies supporting
>   FreeBSD that should be added to this page, please be sure to let us
>   know.

You might be aware of a matrix maths tool called MATLAB (from the Mathworks
at www.mathworks.com) which has much application in EE areas such as
control and signal processing.  Up until recently, there was no compiler
for the MATLAB language (which is usually interpretted) and another person
developed a compiler.  This compiler is a commercial venture and the people
involved are called Mathtools (see their web site at www.mathtools.com).

They offer a set of C++ classes to support matrix maths and also their
original product of a matlab like language compiler.  I have verified that
this product runs OK on FreeBSD 2.2 RELEASE (for which they gave me a free
licence) and the Mathtools are interested in being mentioned on your web
site as a commercial supplier --- see enclosed email from them and I am
also CC-ing them a copy of this email.

Would you mind adding them to the list of FreeBSD commercial software
providers and, if you do, could you please let them know as they want to
keep any information of their product up to date.

Thanks,
Phillip Musumeci.
[not connected with FreeBSD.org or Mathtools]