Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 1995 06:31:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More nits

> I'm not really bitching about this.  I tend to agree that 4MB is too
> little memory for anything useful, but I still think it's worth
> drawing to people's attention that we *don't* want a System V, and
> that there are virtues in small, lean systems.  And I agree that now

I don't think that anyone would argue with that.  The current work
with devfs and LKMs does indeed appear to be going in that general
direction, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see userconfig
splitting into the fabled and someday-to-come 3 stage boot and out of
the kernel entirely.  There are a lot of good reasons besides 4MB
residency to do all of these things.

Sigh..  Time!  Time!  We need to get more of it somehow.. :-)

						Jordan