Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:21:32 +0100
From:      Joerg Kleinophorst <joerg@dortmund.topnet.de>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cant login anymore

well, ive got the following problem:

this is my first "real" installation of freebsd and ive definately
wanted to use "bash" as my login shell as well as the login
shell of root. so i changed it in /etc/master.passwd and ran
pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd. well, but it seems, that i somehow
mispelled the path to bash. now i cant login anymore (sounds
something like a darwin-award, but hey, im still alive).

that was the problem, now to the question:

how do i mount my root partition (it is label wd0s1a) after
booting into the fixit shell, so that i am able to modify
my /etc/master.passwd again and to (hopefully) run pwd_mkdb
again?

it would be nice to receive a personal reply, cause im not
subscribed (yet).

well, hope to hear soon,

joerg