Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:43:25 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, =?iso-8859-1?q?Se=E1n_C=2E_Farley?= <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
Subject:   Re: Old perl-based script to manage ports

On Thursday 19 January 2006 09:24, Se=E1n C. Farley wrote:
> Ok.  The subject line is a rip-off of Doug Barton's.  :)  When I saw his
> message in the archives, I decided to announce my contribution.  There
> can never be enough tools to manage ports.  :)
>
> I started writing this tool in 2003 when Perl was still in the base.  It
> is called Port Manager[1] (one of a few called this), pm.pl
> specifically.  It is comparable to portupgrade with a few exceptions as
> listed on the web page.  Build error recovery is a big feature.
>
> Although it is not well documented, 'pm.pl -nva' should show what would
> be done to update a system without actually doing it.  Obviously, -h
> will provide you with help.  A .pmrc can be used for options specific to
> ports and to hold from updating ports.  Globals for all ports go into
> /etc/make.conf.  I just need to document the .pmrc file.
>
> Se=E1n
>    1. http://www.farley.org/?page=3Dsoftware#pm

Can you show where you posted this prior to 2004-04-20 with a copyright=20
notice? A reference from archive.org (wayback machine) for example.  If you
have proof I will change the name of portmanager to avoid infringing on your
copyright and if you don't I insist you stop infinging on mine.

See https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D107280 for the=
=20
first official portmanager posting dated 2004-04-20.

=2DMike