Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:09:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Stephen D. Spencer" <bsd-stable@boneyard.lawrence.ks.us>
To:        Ulf Kister <Ulf.Kister@t-online.de>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildkernel fails on behalf of config version

On 23 Dec 2001, Ulf Kister wrote:

> Date: 23 Dec 2001 14:34:42 +0100
> From: Ulf Kister <Ulf.Kister@t-online.de>
> To: stable@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: make buildkernel fails on behalf of config version
>
> Hi there,
>
> after successfully tracking -STABLE for about two years (a loud
> shoutout and merry christmas to the whole team at this point - since
> you usually only hear about probs, i guess :-) today i experienced a
> serious problem for the first time. What happened:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/config/configvers.h?only_with_tag=RELENG_4

"MFC rev 1.28 in spirit - bump the config version to indicate that
we require a newer version of config to handle the maxusers = 0
autoscale case."

From what I've gleaned from previous list traffic, functionality to
dynamically set MAXUSERS when MAXUSERS is set to 0 has been merged
in place of the old code which, in the same circumstance, would set
the default MAXUSERS to 8.  At any rate, 'cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config &&
make && make install' and everything will be happy.

Regards,
Stephen

Stephen Spencer |