Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:32:02 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysenter patch question

Divacky Roman wrote:
> hi
>
> there's a patch which makes fbsd use sysenter. why wasnt it commited? is there
> any plan to make it into kernel? or was it just forgotten?
>
> thnx for the info
>
> roman

I was the last to work on the patch, and that was about a year or so
ago.  It worked fine under fairly simple processes, but trying to run
things like KDE and Mozilla made it blow up fairly quickly.  I suspect
that it has something to do with thread upcalls, but I never got around
to figuring it out.  If someone wants to pick it up, that would be
great.  Note that this only matters for i386; amd64 has always had its
own version of sysenter that it uses.

Scott